Wednesday 17 October 2012

Post 7: How green are you?

I like the plants, the trees and all the nature. I love them, I think. My best memories are when I was involved in nature, looking at landscape, forest and the ground, the earth itself. I love try to climb the trees too. So, for this, since I was a child, I try to take care of not pollute the environment. Also, i often try to plant different kind of trees, over all, frutal trees; they are my favourites, because I think they will give my his fruits in the future.
I really like the wood, because my father always be a carpenter, and he works with the most different kinds of wood. For that, i can’t be a tree-hugger.
In Santiago, i think,  the people is not used to take care of his environment, because we didn’t have any education about it. The life in a cosmopolitan city is a challenge for the ecologist in this sense, they confront a hard work, for the people’s irresponsibility.
In my house, we (my family) often try to recycling rubbish, either organic and paper thrash. We have a “humus” box in the garden, that is a kind of worms that eat the organic garbage, converting it in fertile earth. With the paper, we put it together in the rubbish dump, it would be taked by a recycling men.
I would like to do something more for the environment care, but it is also hard to do, because in Chile have not a green culture, even a will to do it. but, I think that now is a good moment to try to give to people an education about this matters.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you in think that Chile haven't a green culture.

    ReplyDelete